A few years ago, it became clear to us at RoseWater Energy Group that power quality issues were creating real problems for our clients. Unfortunately for our industry, clients place the blame on the equipment installed by integrators or the integrator’s installation itself. We were hearing that people were annoyed with their home automation solutions because of the required continual service, which at most was extra bills or at least an annoyance. Typically, the blame is never placed on the utilities.
That led us to ask ourselves the following questions:
Why does power quality seem to be getting worse?
- The infrastructure is aging.
- It’s difficult to build new power plants.
- Homes are becoming larger.
- Apartment and condominium living is becoming more popular.
Why is power quality important?
- In general, the equipment we install today are fantastically sophisticated, yet more sensitive to electronic differences.
- Microprocessors and electronic equipment perform better and last longer with consistent, reliable, high quality power.
- As houses become more automated and bigger, they require more microprocessors.
- Thus, the consequences of microprocessor failure are becoming more and more consequential.
- Failures lead to client dissatisfaction.
- Our clients tend to blame us, the integrators, and not the utilities.
- If we don’t let our clients know about the problem and the solution, it is our fault.
What are the elements of premium power quality?
- No sags
- No surges
- No outages
- Low distortion
- Eliminate lightning strike damage
How do you prevent poor power quality?
- Sags and surges can be eliminated with a double conversion inverter or a transformer.
- Outages can be prevented with a double conversion invertor combined with battery backup, renewable integration and a generator interface.
- Low distortion needs the highest quality inverter coupled with sophisticated filtering.
- Lightning problems are best mitigated by a combination of MOV’s and gas discharge tubes. In other words, find out how mission critical facilities organized it and copy it.
The answers to those questions led us to design and build the most complete, highest quality power management device available today.
The RoseWater HUB is the only all-in-one device that offers:
- Complete, ultra-low distortion power quality
- Zero transfer time UPS
- Large scale battery back-up
- Renewable integration
- Built to industrial “mission critical” specifications
- Installed at the panel level
Simply put, it is the best device of its kind available today.